Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving Weekend!

Thanksgiving was different this year for a number of reasons... 1. the weather was 60 degrees! and 2. this was mine and Joe's first year officially celebrating a holiday together.

Joe, Gordie, and I headed up to my parents house Wednesday after I got off of work.  When we left Minnetonka it was around 60 degrees so out of character for a MN Thanksgiving!  I will admit I LOVED it.  There was definitely no complaining on that matter from me. 



Thursday we did the normal turkey dinner with my family and then hung out on the couch in food comas.  Friday we hit up some Black Friday deals and were able to get all our Christmas shopping done!  Joe deserves a little credit for actually going shopping with my mom and I on a day like that.  He's quite the trooper.  In fact, I actually think he scored some better deals than I did!

The time spent at my parents was so relaxing and nice.  It's always nice to go home and get away for a little while.  And what makes it even better is that Joe enjoys his time up there as well.  I think he likes it more than I do even!

First official Thanksgiving together was a success.  Now...on to Christmas coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment