"The best way to appreciate someone is to imagine your life without them."
While trying to figure out what life choice I was going to make and if I'd be moving, Joe became my rock. He helped me rationalize every scenario, helped me weigh the pros and cons, and most importantly...he just listened when I needed him to. It's funny how a situation like that helps me realize not to take small things for granted. Although we may not be 'together' any more, he has definitely became my best friend and the one I consistently turn to when I need someone. Some people may find this extremely bizarre and truthfully I may not even understand how this is all possible... who remains best friends with the guy who crushed their heart?! I'm either really smart or really stupid. I'd like to think smart.
The day I was to make my final decision on moving I came home to this...
Three of my favorite things: Orange tulips, lobster, and Excelsior beer. Plus, dessert in the fridge! He knew what a stressful day I'd be having and wanted to either celebrate my new adventure or celebrate to me staying...he didn't know which until I got to the house.
I've said it before and I'll say it again... since the first day I met him he has always known just what to do to make a bad day good and bring a smile to my face. No matter what may or may not be between us, he will forever be someone I truly appreciate.

No comments:
Post a Comment