In response to my Opportunity post...MN is where my heart is...for now. After taking my sweet time to come to a decision, I made the choice to stay where I am. I'll be honest, it wasn't what I thought I would do. My heart told me to stay but my brain told me to leave. The saying, "Follow your heart but take your brain with you," definitely was the case in this situation.
It all came down to Gordie. It wasn't fair to leave him or ask Joe to give him up so I could take him. I also realized that I love the life I have, why change it? Sure I could be happier at my job but who couldn't be? Sure I wish my love life was as good as it used to be but maybe someday it will be again? I just know that the people I have in my life are the people I want to keep. Moving away would have meant being away from those I care most about and I wasn't ready to give that up. I'm sure the opportunity to move would have had many positives and who knows, I could have ended up loving life more than I do now... but that will remain something I will never know. For now, I'm content staying here and seeing what this MN life has in store for me.

No comments:
Post a Comment