As I get older (I know, 30 is SOOO old) I realize more and more that friendships are changing. The friends you've had most of your life or even the ones that you had five years ago may not be the ones you call your "besties" now. I am learning that having a few great friends is better than a handful of "decent" friends.
People change and grow in separate directions, that is understanding... what I don't understand is how changing/growing isn't accepted within friendships. Maybe this is something I will never understand. There are friendships that I feel are more one sided than others. One person putting forth the effort and getting little in return. I am beginning to see that some of these friendship are more exhausting than enjoyable. I am assuming this will always be an ongoing battle as year after year things change.
Although this posts sounds rather depressing, it's not meant to be that way. I'm actually quite thankful that I'm realizing this more and more. It makes me appreciate the "great" friends even more. I am lucky enough to be able to say that my greatest friend, has been a friend for over 26 years! And the best part, we've both went through some crazy chaos in our lives and yet our friendship adapts and we still remain close. Now THAT is what I appreciate. (Love you Linny Jean! Ha!)
I'm also realizing that the guy I've known for only 7 months has become one of the most important "friends" in my life. He may never live up to the legacy of the Peggy/Louise friendship but he definitely is close behind!
This weekend we spent a lot of time with Joe's group of friends as it was Jen's birthday. I am appreciating some of them more and more as I get to know them. I'm very thankful he has a great group of friends that I can easily call my friends as well.





No comments:
Post a Comment