Thursday, July 12, 2012

4th of July

The 4th was spent in Bemidji this year.  Joe and I decided to take a few days off around the holiday to spend the week at my parents house.  And... Gordie came too.  I was a bit nervous about a four hour car ride with a puppy but he was quite the trooper!  He did awesome.  Phew, what a relief!


Wednesday we didn't do much for the 4th as my parents had a tornado go through Bemidji the night before we got up there.  So... it was a little bit of cleanup in the yard in the morning and then the rest of the day was spent enjoying the gorgeous weather.



Thursday Joe and I headed out on the lake to try a little fishing.  The only thing we caught was a sun burn.  A little disappointed that not one of us managed to pull in any fish but oh well... there will always be another time and another chance to catch the big one.


The rest of the weekend was spent hanging around the house out in the sun and just relaxing.  Something I seem to be awful at doing but gave it my best shot :)  We took Gordie into the water for the first time and he hated it.  He was fine until he got his legs half way in.  I'm pretty sure he hated us that day for making him swim.


We took some walks along the lake and the Mississippi.  It was nice to be outdoors so much.  Although I love the city life, I do at times miss how relaxing Northern MN can be.  It's nice to visit :)


We also had to stop at Paul Bunyan so Joe could check it out since he's never been to Bemidji.  It's definitely nothing like it was when I was a kid.



Tuesday-Sunday seemed to fly by.  It was great to spend time with my family.  And it was awesome to know that Joe and my family get along so well.  He had only met my parents the one time so it was a nice opportunity for them to spend time together.  Shockingly, even my brother approved of him :)  I just may have picked the best guy out there.  Haha.

After getting back we adjusted to reality rather quickly.  Laundry, lawn mowing and cleaning awaited.  Ugh.  I am however happy to say that we are now planning a real vacation for early spring.  I think just thinking about it I'm already becoming relaxed.  Turquoise waters... here we come...soon.





No comments:

Post a Comment