Sunday, July 15, 2012

Raspberry Festival Weekend

This weekend was Raspberry Festival in Hopkins and it seemed to be over with in a blink of an eye.  Friday night I headed to the bar with the boys.  Joe was in rare form so I spent most of the night laughing hysterically.  It's safe to say I may have lost a pound or two just from the laughter Friday night.

Saturday was a busy, busy day.  We woke up early and were on the road to Wings & Whistles.  It's a training facility that Gordie will be going to in the fall.  We brought him out there to meet the staff and check out the facility and so they could evaluate Gord.  I was pleasantly surprised and impressed with the people and the place.  It also helped ease my mind about actually sending him away for training vs having it done at home.  The trainer was very impressed with Gordie and said that the temperament Gordie has is probably only seen by about 5% of all dogs.  I guess Gordie's aggressiveness towards the birds and ability to learn and adapt is a little advanced for his age.  That made me have that proud "mama" moment :)  Realistically, I was just happy he didn't embarrass the crap out of Joe and I.  Haha.  He tends to have his moments where he throws tantrums.  Thankfully he was on his best behavior and knocked the socks off the trainer!

Once finished with that we headed home to get ready for a benefit we were attending for a good friend Mom who was in a car accident a few months ago and suffered traumatic brain injury.  It was a GREAT turnout!  From there we headed to the bar to meet everyone, hit up the beer tent, watched some fireworks and then back to the bar for some ridiculous moves on the dance floor.



It's now 7pm on Sunday and I am just now feeling a little recovered from the busy weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment