This Christmas I spent with Joe's family. It was my first time experiencing a holiday with his family since we spent Thanksgiving with mine. I must say, I was a little nervous about it. And also sad that I wasn't going to be with my family. I was so grateful for how they welcomed me into their family holiday traditions and made me feel at home.
Christmas Eve was spent at Joe's parents house. We did the gift opening and dinner. It was so much fun to watch his niece and nephew open gifts. They were so excited and it was neat to watch their little faces light up. Easily the best part of this holiday.
Christmas Day we did breakfast/brunch at our house and then all went to the movie This is 40. It was hilarious and the perfect choice for a movie on Christmas.
This Christmas although I received numerous gifts, the best was feeling like I gained a second family.

No comments:
Post a Comment