Monday, May 13, 2013

Foster Parents!

Fostering dogs is always something I've wanted to do but just haven't moved forward with it...until now.

After having talked about it for quite some time, we finally decided to give it a go. Saturday we picked up a little guy named Keanu. (Don't judge, he was named when we got him...)



Keanu is a 4 month old Jack Russell mix. He was found with his sister Penelope at a shelter in CA and was a few days of being euthanized. Thankfully, Secondhand Hounds caught wind and arranged for them both, along with numerous other puppies, to be transported to MN to find their forever homes.

We were a little anxious to see how Mr. Gordie would be with another dog sharing our attention. To our surprise, Gordie LOVVVEEEESSSS Keanu. He loves him so much I've come to realize he may be slightly obsessed. The poor puppy doesn't get any space. Gordie is constantly wanting to play or snuggle with him. Keanu on the other hand just wants to snuggle...with Joe or I. Not Gordie. Haha!



Although Gordie is awesome at his new role of being a foster brother, he just needs to work on realizing his size. He's so clumsy and excited that he doesn't realize this may be intimidating to a 15lb puppy! Haha.



Keanu is a complete sweetheart and SO smart for his age. Although he has his spurts of energy here and there, he is most content snuggling up next to you. He has already went to the door to let us know he needed to go potty. Not too shabby for only being taught for a day! Granted I'm sure there is still a lot of work to do on that BUT one time was a start!

I am so excited to help this little guy learn a few things and to show him some love before he finds his home. It's safe to say that this spunky little guy has already stolen my heart and I'm very much looking forward to the remaining time he has with us in our home. He will for sure be with us for two weeks, after that he is ready to be adopted by the right person/family. Joe and I will be able to pick the family he goes to. That makes me feel really good knowing we will know who is taking him and that he is going with someone worthy of having him.

I am so thankful for having a guy like Joe who supports and accepts my passion for this. His support and agreement to do this means more to me than he will ever know.

Updates to follow as we get more into this process.

And... if you're looking for a lovable guy to add to your home. I know just the guy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment