For years I've been wanting to take up the sport of golf. I just unfortunately haven't gotten around to it for whatever reason. This year I've almost forced myself to make it happen by buying a set of clubs.
Joe loves to golf and we thought this might be something to do together, if I enjoy it. He's decided to take on the task of teaching me the game. Bless his heart. The guy has patience but I'm not sure if he's ready for this. My perfectionist ways may make golf impossible for me to learn. Joe told me the first thing to understand about golf, "you'll probably suck for a while." Definitely off to a great start and I haven't even swung my first club! Ha!
I don't anticipate hitting up the Masters any time soon but it would be nice if I was at least 'decent' by the end of the summer. Or at least not embarrassed if I play horribly at first.
I was a little disappointed that I wasn't able to find orange clubs or an orange bag that didn't cost an arm and a leg. Yes, I pulled the girl move of wanting 'pretty' clubs and a bag. I am happy to announce that my pretty clubs will be getting re-gripped this week and am adding some orange to them! This is sure to be a good luck charm...

No comments:
Post a Comment