Over the weekend I played my first 18 holes of golf. Or I should say, also swung a golf club for practically the first time! I'm happy to announce that I didn't suck at it either but I also wasn't the next Tiger Woods. Ha!
I found myself actually enjoying the sport. Truth be told, I was very skeptical of it at first considering it requires patience. I thought I'd be doomed from the start. With each hole I was improving a little more. By the end of it, I was feeling a little more comfortable with what I was doing. I now know that with a little patience and a lot of practice, it would definitely be a sport I'll enjoy to play in the summer months. I was also pleasantly surprised at how good Joe was with helping me learn. He was so sweet about it. Encouraging me when I did good and also when I sucked. I wasn't aware he had the amount of patience that he displayed while playing golf with me. Haha. And... he said it was something he'd enjoying doing together again. Shocking! ;)
More summer golf adventures to come as the summer goes on... we'll see if this was a one time interest or if I'll really enjoy it many more times...
If nothing else, I'll gain a good tan from it.

No comments:
Post a Comment