Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Gordie -1, Joe - 0

We all know Gordie is a crazy and goofy dog. Well, he took that to a new extreme. While running around the yard at Joe's, Gordie managed to knock Joe over...and broke Joe's ankle in the process. I was on my way to Joe's for dinner and when I got there Joe was sitting on the couch in major pain. I asked what happened, he explained and then showed me his ankle... One word: gross. I convinced him that it didn't look normal and that we needed to head to the ER. After a few hours at the ER, the doctors confirmed it was broken, it two places and surgery would be required. Fast forward a week and Joe went in for surgery to have 8 pins and two plates put in his ankle. Thanks, Gordie! Haha.



I spent the end of October and all of November staying at Joe's to help him with day to day activities. He wasn't able to put any weight what so ever on his leg. We did seem to go to Target quite a bit though, I'm pretty sure it had to do with the fact that Joe was obsessed with riding around in the scooters.



I'm happy to say that Joe is moving around a lot better now and although he's not 100% back to walking normal, he is able to do everything on his own again. We're both a little more cautious with Gordie when we see him come running towards us. We now know his legs don't always 'stop' him. ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment