Sunday, January 26, 2014

Opportunity

Opportunity. Such a simple word that can cause a million different outcomes.



Every single day, every single person is presented with at least one opportunity. It can be something as simple as the opportunity to hit every green light in traffic...or something larger that could change your life. I never realized how many opportunities are presented to me every day until recently. Most go unnoticed or unseen. Then there are some that will turn your world upside down. Those that turn your world upside down are the ones that make you stop to think, re-evaluate, and learn to appreciate the simple aspect of an opportunity.

I'll be honest, I'm generally not the type of person that appreciates something as simple as hitting every green light in the morning on the way to work. In my mind, it should happen every day. Clearly it doesn't though.

Recently, I had an opportunity fall into my lap. One that has made me re-evaluate all aspects of my life and not just the career side of things which the opportunity pertains to. What do you do when your potential dream job is offered to you? Sounds like a no brainer, right?! Well, lets add in that it's hundreds of miles away from the life you know and love... now what?

Being the over-thinker that I am, my logical response to it all is to make a pros and cons list. Well, after doing that at least a 100 times I'm realizing that isn't as logical as I've always found it to be. In this case, my brain, gut and heart are all giant contenders fighting to make the decision. I feel like I have an internal war going on inside of me.

How does a person know what opportunities to accept and what to pass up? Will there ever be an opportunity like this again? Will I regret not taking it? Better yet, will I regret taking it and leaving MN? Will I regret closing the door on a possible second chance at a love of a lifetime someday? And will I regret leaving everyone I know and moving to a city where I do not know a single soul? And most importantly...Gordie...what would happen there?! Both options have so many pros and also so many cons. There isn't one side that stands out more than the other on paper. My life is filled with a million questions these days...all because of one simple opportunity.

Stay tuned for the internal battle winner...



No comments:

Post a Comment