I honestly wasn't sure this project was ever going to be complete. Once the god-awful wallpaper was removed, the walls were patched and filled. For those of you that know me, know I really know nothing about household projects or handyman type things. So... I went to sand the putty and smooth out the walls. How hard could this be?! Not hard at all, actually. Until I realized WHY it's important to use a drop cloth to catch all the debris and dust that comes off during sanding! After a kitchen covered in dust, the sanding was done and the walls were ready to paint!
A few coats and some touch-ups later, I am happy to say we have a completed kitchen...and a now cleaned kitchen.
Here's a side-by-side difference:
We're both extremely happy with how it turned out. And we're even more surprised that we picked the perfect color the first time...and AGREED on it immediately when we brought the samples home. The kitchen/dining room feels a lot bigger and looks A LOT better, in our minds.
I will never understand why people do wallpaper. And I can most definitely say I will NEVER use it after seeing the struggles of getting it off.
We're slowly but surely working on a few additions; back splash, new countertops and light fixtures...stay tuned for the additional changes!


No comments:
Post a Comment