Monday, September 16, 2013

Thirty-Two!

Today I turned 32. I love my birthday. Everyone knows this.

In the last few months I feel like my life has been turned upside down and I'll be honest, I've been looking forward to this birthday more than any other. Most people view New Years as the time to 'start new' with a new year ahead. Not me, I view my birthday as a new year. So my birthday this year was a chance for me to have a fresh start. As the years pass, I'm learning that it's not the wild and crazy adventures that mean the most on my birthday, it's who I spend them with that matters.

Although it's only a few hours into my day, the best part by far was waking up next to my favorite boy, Gordie. Who doesn't love puppy snuggles first thing in the morning? :)

This year I've decided to do something a little different. I've made a list of 32 things I hope to accomplish before my next birthday. Some may be things that are fairly easy while others may need a miracle to accomplish but I'm determined to cross them all off my list, I hope.

A 32 year olds must-do list for the year:
  1. Go on a road trip to tour breweries
  2. Try at least three places on the Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives that I haven't been to
  3. Get in the best shape of my life
  4. Keep up with my blog on a weekly basis...add a calendar reminder if I have to :)
  5. Learn to play one full song on the piano
  6. Run a 10k
  7. Learn how to sew
  8. Visit Fenway Park for a game
  9. Play a round of golf and not go over par...on all 18 holes
  10. Bait my own hook fishing...with a leech
  11. Learn how to snowboard
  12. Donate blood
  13. Date someone who isn't my 'type'
  14. Cook a full meal...appetizer to dessert and everything in between
  15. Carve a complex design on a pumpkin...freehand
  16. Successfully complete a Pinterest craft project (keyword...successfully)
  17. Watch the sunrise after staying up all night
  18. Take a leap of faith
  19. Finish the full 90 days on P90X
  20. Do a 3-day breast cancer walk
  21. Step out of my comfort zone
  22. Create a book of Instagram photos
  23. Make a Halloween costume (after learning to sew)
  24. Be more spontaneous
  25. Cut back on Caribou Coffee
  26. Foster more dogs
  27. Join a book club
  28. Get a magazine subscription
  29. Make homemade espresso
  30. Teach Gordie an unusual trick
  31. Enjoy a once in a lifetime love
  32. Make 32 the best year of my life

No comments:

Post a Comment