Thursday, September 5, 2013

Time

It might take a year, it might take a day, but what's meant to be will always find its way.

That has become my new motto. As many of you know, I do not give up easily if I believe in something. That applies to everything from my personal beliefs, my career, and matters of the heart.

I feel like the question of the day...every day...is "how are you and Joe?" In the words of Joe, "we have our good days and we have our bad days." What exactly does that mean? It means we are working on building our friendship back up. A friendship that was broken due to miscommunication (or lack of legit communication) and due to my hurt heart. So to answer the question completely, we're working on a friendship and letting whatever is meant to happen, happen. Whatever that may mean.

What I am realizing is that 'time' really is the key. It helps you see things more clearly. It helps you realize what you want or don't want. It helps you realize what you miss or don't miss. It helps you see things in a new perspective all together. And most of all, time heals wounds, gives you a new sense of hope and helps you towards new beginnings.

This whole new experience of heartbreak has also helped me learn a lesson about myself and perfection. It doesn't exist. While this may not be a shocking realization to some of you, it has been to me. It is something I strive for day in and day out. It is a flaw. I seek perfection in everything. And ultimately, I've realized that will never be possible. My perfection ways are not the easiest to deal with, especially when I expect it from others as well. I'm learning that the relationship Joe and I had prior to the last two months of it was as close to perfection as anyone could get. In all reality, it was perfect. Perfect for me. Perfect for him. But I didn't see that then. And things changed... A word I'm growing to hate. Change.

Even after having my heart broken, I will be the first to admit I still believe in love. I believe love is the best feeling in the world. There is nothing better than knowing someone is trusting you with their heart and all that they want in return, is yours. I also believe that every person only gets to experience a 'once in a lifetime' love with one person... After all, a successful relationship requires falling in love many times, just always with the same person. I guess 'time' will tell if that once in a lifetime love ever returns

Maybe I read too many Nicholas Sparks novels ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment