Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Autumn Brew Review '13


Way back in the beginning of the summer Joe had bought me tickets to the Autumn Brew Review for a birthday present. These tickets sell out in less than a minute so I was pretty pumped that we scored tickets two years in a row. Last year it was insanely, sweaty hot. This year was drizzly and cool. I definitely preferred the drizzly weather.

I was actually a little disappointed this year in the beer selection. Don't get me wrong, the breweries in attendance we great as usual but the selection of the beers offered weren't my cup of tea. A LOT of stouts and porters this year. I just can't get into the uber dark beers. I enjoy a few sips and then I'm done.

This year instead of being excited to get in to try all the different beers we took a different approach...we hit up the food trucks first. First up, pizza from Pizza Luce. Always delicious. Next we tried, GastroTruck. I had the whitefish taco and it was AMAZING. Definitely a new favorite in the food truck department. We also did NateDogs and saved A Social Cupcake for last. They honestly have the best cupcakes I've ever tried. If I wasn't worried about gaining 200lbs, I'd probably eat their cupcakes all day long.

My favorite beer this year was Mummy Train Pumpkin Ale by Flat Earth Brewing out of St. Paul. Hands down the best beer at the ABR.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment