Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Happy Accidents

Serendipity is one of my favorite words. One...it sounds fun to say. Two...I love the meaning of it. A happy accident, pleasant surprise, or a fortunate mistake. However you look at it, serendipity can be a wonderful thing.
 
 
Today I had a few serendipitous experiences.
  • I woke up to an unexpected message that put a smile on my face.
  • I randomly found a dollar bill in the parking lot. This in turn paid for my delicious vending machine Mt. Dew that I enjoyed this morning. Where I also happened to find a penny heads up. I then found myself humming "Find a penny, pick it up, and all day long you'll have good luck."
  • I feel like today is the first time since having my heart broken that I've felt like "me" again. This is definitely a pleasant surprise and a welcomed change. For the last three months I've definitely been "me" but just an altered version. The happy, confident, take no crap girl may have been knocked down but not knocked out. So as awkward as it may sound, I'm happy to be back. Haha. :) And most importantly, happy to have my heart back in my control.
I think today may be the start of some positive changes.
     
 


No comments:

Post a Comment