Sunday, October 7, 2012

Looking Forward to Normal

It's been over a month and I'm still not feeling back to normal.  I went back in to the hospital late last week and found out I also now have pleural effusion.  I guess the saying of, "it has to get worse before it gets better" runs true in this case.  Eek!!

It's not often that I let my guard down and admit defeat but this pneumonia has kicked my butt.  For the first time in a very long time I actually admitted I couldn't handle this much longer.  I asked Joe to take care of me while I'm sick.  I'm not sure that I've ever uttered those words or wanted anyone to take care of me.  So after being a little reluctant to give up his weekend to stay home with sick me, he did.  Needless to say, staying home all weekend sick is not exactly all that thrilling.  I'm definitely looking forward to feeling better and enjoying having a life again.

No comments:

Post a Comment