Monday, February 4, 2013

Trip to Cloquet

On Saturday, Joe and I made the trip up to Cloquet. I don't get up there as often as I'd like. Although it's only two hours away, at times it seems like it's half way across the country. There wasn't a special occasion or reason for making the trip other than I just missed some of my good friends.

We headed up to Cloquet in the early afternoon and spent time with Katie, Pete, Lauren, and Charlie at their house. We then met up with Lindsay and Bristol, and Thalia for a quick dinner at the Buffalo House. I have not been there for years...they pretty much have the BEST sweet potato fries ever made. After dinner, Katie and Pete brought the kids to Grandma & Grandpa's so we could go out for some drinks.

Although it wasn't a wild and crazy night like it used to be when heading to Cloquet to visit, it was perfect. We were able to catch up with everyone and spend some time together. Everyone lives a completely different lifestyle now compared to five years ago. What used to be a full night of going out and randomness has now become a night of being home by midnight. Haha! I must say, it's a welcomed change.

I am so grateful that I have maintained such a close friendship with a few of the girls that I've known since our teen years. Good friends are hard to come by...and some times hard to keep.

No comments:

Post a Comment