Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Appreciation

"Never let the things you want make you forget the things you have."

This quote pretty much sums up how I've lived my life.  We often take for granted the things we should appreciate most.  I have done this more times than I care to admit.  When life is good, you just assume it will stay that way or that it's just expected.  When things are going well, I assume they can be better and want more...always more.  This can range from a new cell phone, to the latest trend in jeans, or to more meaningful things such as relationships.  There is, however, one thing in my life that I have realized from day one not to take for granted and that is my relationship with Joe.  I think it's save to say that this is one more "life lesson" I have learned having met Joe. 

I wake up every morning and realize that I am quite the lucky girl.  I have the most amazing guy who reminds me daily how in love with me he is, he treats me better than any royal treatment the Queen of England receives, and has managed to keep a smile on my face for the last 8 months.  Even on days where I hate the world, one look at his contagious and perfect smile and my worries face away.  I'm not quite sure what I did to get so lucky...but I know I will never make the mistake of taking him for granted.  What more could I possibly want that I don't already have?!

Some days I make myself sick with how happily in love I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment