Slowly but surely I am learning what this whole "domestication" term means. Lately, I find myself wanting to do things around the house, attempting to cook actual meals, and preferring a night in over a wild and crazy night out.
This past Saturday Joe and I had his parents over to the house for dinner. We decided to grill up some coconut chicken, Asian coleslaw and potatoes. The coconut chicken is hands down my favorite food from the grill. D-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s! And shockingly, one of the few things I can successfully cook without screwing it up. I was actually fairly nervous though, as I was the one preparing the chicken and the Asian coleslaw. What if I screwed up?! We had no plan B for dinner. Ha! I made sure to warn Joe's parents prior to the food being cooked that I was definitely an amateur with cooking so they shouldn't expect anything great.
I, however, was pleasantly surprised. Everything turned out great! Joe and his parents all commented on how good everything was. I am hoping they weren't just saying that to be nice :) Maybe there is hope for me in the kitchen after all.

No comments:
Post a Comment