Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Weekend Recap

Over the weekend Joe, Gordie and I went over to Kristen and Todd's on Saturday for a BBQ and some yard games.  I was excited about this for two reasons.  The first being the fact that I had not hung out with Kristen in a good two months due to both our schedules.  The second being that Gordie would get to play with other dogs, see new people and be around little kids.  And... a bonus reason, Joe and I would have one TIRED dog.

Everyone at Kristen and Todd's loved Gordie.  And surprisingly, he was very well behaved!  He loved playing with the kids which made me a little more at ease.  I want him to be good around children so it's nice when he gets the opportunity to be around them.  He was pretty fascinated by the little hula hoops the kids were playing with.  I guess he wanted a turn too...



Sunday was Gordie's first training class.  He did pretty good!  At one point he fell asleep on my lap and started snoring... lets just say for a little dog he's a LOUD sleeper.  The whole class turned around to look at the little snorer on my lap.  Oh well, at least it was the snoring that drew attention and not him doing something naughty to embarrass us.  Haha.  Within an hour of the class, our fella successfully learned how to sit!  I like to think he's our own little Albert Einstein.  Haha.  We've been so focused on just making sure he's potty trained that we hadn't even really tried teaching him anything else yet.  Guess he showed us he's more multi-talented than we thought! 



With Saturdays fun and his puppy class Sunday afternoon, we definitely had one tired puppy on Sunday.  This worked out perfectly because Joe and I decided it was time to clean and organize his house.  We have started the "moving in" process.  With my lease being up soon, we've decided to take the next step.  Since Gordie's came into our lives I haven't been at home other than to grab new clothes and check my mail.  I will say that I like this new change.  I'm not one for change and will normally kick my legs all through any change ever made but this one... it definitely feels right.  It's almost effortless.  I'm honestly quite impressed with Joe as he went through his whole house clearing things out and re-organizing things in ways that he thought would work for me as well as the both of us.  Very considerate of him and it made me appreciate just how thoughtful he really is.   He really seems to be trying to make his home 'our' home :)  More on that topic as it happens over the next few months and things start to move from my house to 'our' house.



No comments:

Post a Comment