Monday, June 11, 2012

It's Been A Month

It's been one month since we picked up Gordie. 

The things I've learned in the last month...

1. How the heck do people have children?!?!  A puppy is exhausting and needy.  Granted, I wouldn't change having Gordie for the world but man... this girl needs some rest.  How do you moms do it?!  I have the luxury of putting Gordie in a crate if I need to shower... if I couldn't do that.  I probably would go weeks without a shower.  Sick.



2. Every bad day is made better by some snuggles from Gordie.  Who could resist his cuteness?!



3. With that said, I also have had a few 'bad days' that Gordie was the cause of.  Haha.  So although he makes some days better, he also sure knows how to get under my skin.  One look at his little face though and I forget why I was mad or what naughty thing he has done.



4.  I now know what it's like to be the 'mom' of the problem child in school.  Gordie's last training class he decided he was rather bored and would rather not pay any attention to us and just throw a few temper tantrums.  Lovely.

All jokes aside, I couldn't be happier with the little guy.  He has picked up some quirky traits and it is so much fun to see his personality come out as he gets bigger.  Plus, he is slowly but surely helping me learn something from him as well... patience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment