Although the last week and a half has had it's up sides, it definitely had it's down sides without my favorite little buddy. It was nice not having to worry about where he was and what he was doing but I actually started to miss having to chase him around. I missed him hogging the bed and I even missed having to yell at him for whatever naughty thing he got into. He may add stress to my life at times but he definitely knows how to take the stress away too. I am so happy to have my favorite little snuggler back :)
When we went out to pick Gordie up, Mike made sure to show us (mainly Joe) what Gordie has been learning. It was actually fun to watch Gordie so excited in the field with the bird. Plus, it was nice to hear about how well he did while he was away from us. I like to think we have the Albert Einstein of dogs. He's going to be a good little hunter. And if he's not... that's okay too, just means he'll be home with me instead of hunting with Joe! Ha! I also think he added a good 5-10lbs on and grew a few inches while gone. I was amazed by his new found strength when I grabbed his leash and quickly realized I was no match for him anymore. Sad...our puppy is growing up.
He'll be going back for FOUR long weeks in January/February... it may be the longest four weeks of my life. Although, one of the weeks Joe and I will be in the Bahamas so maybe it won't be SO bad.


No comments:
Post a Comment