Sunday's are now dedicated to football. Yes, football. I will say that at first I was less than pleased. I am NOT even close to being a football fan. The lingo I do not understand, the point of the game I do not understand... it's just an awful sport in my eyes. In Joe's eyes, however, it is the greatest time of year. So... being the awesome girlfriend that I am (or that I think I am) I have made an effort to learn to tolerate football and just learn about the game in general. Who knows, maybe once I understand it I'll become a football fanatic too. Highly doubtful though. Right now football Sunday's mean us sitting in the family room, in our sweatpants while the TV is on football from like 11am until god knows whatever time it ends at night. Joe is glued to the TV while I'm on Pinterest or whatever other site I can find to occupy some time in between my random football related questions to make an effort of interest.
I will say that although I'm not a football fan, I do love just being able to spend time with Joe doing something he loves. He gets pretty into the games and THAT I enjoy seeing :)
This Sunday we decided to make homemade buffalo chicken pizza. We've tried this recipe before when we first started dating and decided it would be perfect for a football Sunday.
Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Pizza dough (homemade or store-bought dough ball)
Blue cheese dressing 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 - 2 T. olive oil
1/3 c. Frank's RedHot cayenne pepper sauce
4 T. butter
Shredded mozzarella
Prepare blue cheese dressing, if using homemade. Refrigerate dressing while you prepare the rest of the pizza.
Heat olive oil in a saute pan; saute chicken until cooked through. While chicken is cooking, melt butter and combine with the Frank's RedHot sauce in a medium-sized bowl. Once chicken is cooked through, combine it with the butter/RedHot sauce mixture; toss to coat the chicken well. Marinate the chicken for about 15 minutes.
While chicken is marinating, prepare your pizza crust. Roll pizza dough out to desired size; place on preheated pizza stone or baking sheet. Spread a layer of blue cheese dressing over the crust for sauce. Top with marinated chicken, then sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake at 425 degrees for about 20-25 minutes, or until crust is cooked through and the cheese is bubbly and beginning to get golden brown.
Happy Sunday!
No comments:
Post a Comment