Although I may have slipped up yesterday on the Caribou and Mt. Dew, I was determined not to let it ruin my new daily plan completely.
Last night, I stuck to my decision of getting back into a running routine. Over the last year I've quickly learned that my body does not move as smoothly as it used to. Going for runs have turned into more pain than fun. My knee is in the shape of a 90 year old woman's knee, my hip actually makes a popping noise these days, and I have flab jiggling in places I didn't know existed. This is definitely what I call "Old Lady Problems."
So, the easiest solution... start slowly working my way back into the running and start eating more healthy. After all, I have 189 days until I will be living in a bikini for a week. My goal is to lose 20lbs by the time our plane takes off for the Bahamas. Is it do-able? Yes. Do I think I can do it? I sure as hell hope so.
To help me in this journey, I've decided to track everything on my iPhone or iPad. I'm hoping this makes it easier for me to monitor. My phone is attached to my finger tips so realistically I have no excuse for slipping up other than pure laziness.
I'll be calculating nutritional information through My Fitness Pal, as well as my daily exercises/activities. It's a pretty neat program if you haven't used it before. You enter the food/drink and it automatically calculates the nutritional values for you. It has basically all product brands and restaurant menu's stored in it already. It also calculates calories burned based on the activity/time spent. Check it out if you haven't.
For running, I'm taking the easiest possible approach. I'm doing the 5k Runner, essentially the Couch to 5k program. This should help condition my knee enough to ease me back into running daily and for distance. We'll see how this goes...
No comments:
Post a Comment