Monday, August 6, 2012

Joys of a Puppy

Gordie has really let his personality shine lately.  Quite frankly, some days it's not a great thing.  He has become such a stubborn and independent little guy.  He listens when he feels like it and has decided that mine and Joe's "relax" time is really "go nuts" play time for him.  This also carries over to bedtime.  When we're ready to sleep, Gordie is ready to run around like he has his head cut off.

His latest and most annoying discovery... reaching the counter tops.  He now wants to know exactly what is on the counter and what we are doing while in the kitchen.  He has recently found out what it's like to get sprayed by the sink hose when he puts his little nose up on the counters.  That did not scare him, go figure.


I've always been a morning person until recently.  The dog sleeps on my head, on my arms, on my legs, or basically just sleeps on me.  Fine when he was a 10lb puppy but now that he's getting larger I tend to wake up with an arm that is asleep from his weight or I'm covered in sweat because he gives off so much heat.  It's not exactly pleasant sleeping.  You literally need to drag me out of bed these days because I sleep so poorly with Gordie in the bed now.  Chipper Krystle has now become Oscar the Grouch in the mornings...

How do you people with kids do it?!

Thanks Gord.

No comments:

Post a Comment