Monday, August 20, 2012

The Lamp

Before getting Gordie, Joe and I often wondered who would be the softie and who would be the hard ass with him.  We had figured we'd both be about even.  Let me tell you...that is not the case at all.  I am very much the softie, however, I am also the hard ass.  Joe, on the other hand, is 100% softie.  Gordie doesn't really get yelled at by Joe, he just gets the "no, no" finger waved at him.  Last night may have been the first time Gordie has heard Joe raise his voice.

The little stinker thinks it's hilarious to grab kitchen towels and carry them around the house, hoping you'll chase him.  So, last night I was ticked, yelled at Gordie for it and walked towards him... which made him take off running around and behind the couch.  AND... down went a lamp on the end table.  THIS made JOE yell.  Gordie was in complete shock.  He pouted for a good hour afterwards and would not go near or even look at Joe.  It was safe to say that Joe's little buddy was NOT pleased with him.  To give you an idea of what Gordie looks like while pouting...



Needless to say, all is back to being great in the Rosso/Hoppe household.  Gordie has forgiven Joe :)  Which is a good thing because for a while there I thought Joe was going to crawl in a corner and cry his cute little eyes out.  He was pretty hurt that Gordie avoided him.  I'm guessing this means that I will remain the only "hard ass" in our little family.  Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment